11.09.2010

Rainy this morning but clearing up I think. Played volleyball last night and I think playing again tonight. It is indoor sand volleyball. I think Barrett and Nancy would love to play here or at an establishment like it. I wish we had them on our team!!!
Anyway, the realtor took me and Mikaela out to orient us to the town. We live in Midrand, which is outside of Joburg. I feel better about going places after she showed me how close things really are.
Communicating is really funny. The stop lights are robots. A car's trunk is a boot. Good-bye is chow. just a few examples. not to mention the accent and that most people talk fast. Brian has chuckled a few times at me trying to understand what someone is telling me. But everyone has been very patient and understanding.
Brian and I hope to take some pictures of the surrounding area soon and get them up so everyone can see how beautiful it is here.
We are going to Drakensburg for Thanksgiving and maybe to Victoria Falls for Christmas.

No comments: