7.15.2008

40 weeks and 1 day

I had my appointment this morning. Everything looks good for Mikaela and me as far as health. Mikaela is just being a bit stubborn about progressing. Wonder where she gets this stubborn side? I am about 2 cm dilated now and still 70% effaced. Mikaela is a little lower in my pelvis but the midwife did not give a station. The midwife stripped my membranes - again. Maybe the third time is a charm.
I go see the midwife again on Monday to see how things are going. She has scheduled an induction on Tuesday but we hope Mikaela will come on her own before then. The midwife felt Mikaela to give me an ESTIMATE on size: about 7 pounds (give or take a pound) and very long. Can't imagine her being anything but long. There is a full moon on Friday and lots of people say that babies are born during full moons. Who knows. I guess it is up to Mikaela.

No comments: