3.01.2011

communication breakdown

Communication Breakdown #1:
Went through 1 of the 2 drive through restaurants here to get Brian a chicken sandwich. I pull up to the window of KFC and ask for a Hawaiian Chicken Sandwich meal. The lady looks puzzled and says they do not serve sandwiches. Now I am confused, no sandwiches? So I try again thinking I misunderstood and they simply ran out of pineapple for the Hawaiian chicken sandwich, so I try to order a Spicy Chicken sandwich. She looks even more puzzled, and said, "We are KFC, we do not have sandwiches." I reply, "What, not even plain?". I am thoroughly confused because we have had chicken sandwiches before from this very KFC. Long story short, I leave without getting a sandwich of any kind and Brian fixed his own lunch. Later found out that indeed KFC does not serve chicken sandwiches, they serve chicken BURGERS. I was supposed to order a chicken BURGER not a chicken SANDWICH!!!!

Communication Breakdown #2:
Wednesday, Mikaela's teacher tells me she has to bring a "costume and towel" on Thursday because it was their last day before going on break. So no big deal, I have a Minnie Mouse costume and a Micky Mouse towel. Talking to a friend here and tell her that I need for Mikaela to wear and costume and bring a towel to school - which she informs me that a costume is a swimsuit here. So I was about to send my poor daughter to school in a Minnie Mouse costume, instead of a swimsuit, for fun water day at her school. How is a COSTUME a SWIMSUIT?!

I learn something new everyday.......

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very funny, made my day.