6.26.2008

37 week update

I had my 37 week appointment with my midwife today. I started to have some Braxton Hicks the past couple of days and I told her about them. We decided to check Mikaela's placement and see how I was progressing. She said I was about a finger tip wide and starting to thin. Mikaela is down in my pelvis. My midwife said she was pleased with how things were progressing. I have good blood pressure still and only gained half a pound since last Thursday. My swelling is still bad. She said she was not concerned as long as my blood pressure stayed as is, there was no protein in my urine and I was not having headaches or vision disturbances. So far I have not experienced any of those symptoms. My next appointment is on June 30th at 8am. She mentioned that she may strip my membranes if she feels my body is ready. Of course I had to ask what that meant and I found out that it basically helps the progression of labor more naturally. Someone said it feels like a pap smear. (Sorry fellas if you are reading this). I will try to keep this blog updated but forgive me if things start going quickly. I've gone through a little nesting phase and everyone seems to think that I am very close now. I guess I am leaving it up to Mikaela. But I am going to pack my bag!

No comments: